Requesting: love/hate
Dec. 27th, 2015 08:36 amRequesting: Love/Hate... again. I know there's many in the past requesting this but the last one was back in 2014 and I'm just hoping there might be more that's been discovered or newly added somewhere. I love how love/hate tends to have a lot of UST and just in general the two usually have a lot of snarky scenes that's just perfect. It's usually a slower build in them growing to 'like' one another which I love!
Would also like (optional): Long, well-written but if it's readable with errors that's fine (I'm not picky), sex at one point, switching (love when a character isn't strictly bottom or top but I understand in slash it's usually one or the other so that's fine, too), some angst but not really over-the-top angst, a good legitimite reason why the two are at odds.
Must not have: Rape within the main pairing. If there is (like it's a manga or something) just give me a heads up so I'm prepared. I'm not so into BDSM in fic but I can still read it. I prefer a milder toned down version of BDSM otherwise I'll just scroll through it. Death within the main pairing. I'm a literal mess if I read that without knowing it's happening and if I do know it's happening.. well, I won't read it lol
Similar Stories: One of my favorites is a Bandom fic called In Case the Scene Gets Nasty. I love to re-read it from time to time.
I love Ben and Jamie from the Chemestryverse Reckless. I usually ctrl f their names just so I can read them or their scenes since it's written in another characters POV (but the third book will be in one of their POV's or both I think so I'm happy! The bonus scenes between them are pretty hot even though Ben's is in 2nd perspective which I usually hate ~
A guilty pleasure cause there's a ton of squicky things in it (like rape, abuse, etc) and other issues but The Carnalli Series I love Con and Cobryn. I again ctrl f their names just so I can get scenes, even small ones of them <3 (this is incest and really heavy on rape just to warn you)
Monster by burlesque graffiti. I know it's not really lovehate exactly but the two are at odds for a large portion of what's written so... kinda? Been awhile since I've dug into this story. I'm still sad it's not been updated in so long.
Would also like (optional): Long, well-written but if it's readable with errors that's fine (I'm not picky), sex at one point, switching (love when a character isn't strictly bottom or top but I understand in slash it's usually one or the other so that's fine, too), some angst but not really over-the-top angst, a good legitimite reason why the two are at odds.
Must not have: Rape within the main pairing. If there is (like it's a manga or something) just give me a heads up so I'm prepared. I'm not so into BDSM in fic but I can still read it. I prefer a milder toned down version of BDSM otherwise I'll just scroll through it. Death within the main pairing. I'm a literal mess if I read that without knowing it's happening and if I do know it's happening.. well, I won't read it lol
Similar Stories: One of my favorites is a Bandom fic called In Case the Scene Gets Nasty. I love to re-read it from time to time.
I love Ben and Jamie from the Chemestryverse Reckless. I usually ctrl f their names just so I can read them or their scenes since it's written in another characters POV (but the third book will be in one of their POV's or both I think so I'm happy! The bonus scenes between them are pretty hot even though Ben's is in 2nd perspective which I usually hate ~
A guilty pleasure cause there's a ton of squicky things in it (like rape, abuse, etc) and other issues but The Carnalli Series I love Con and Cobryn. I again ctrl f their names just so I can get scenes, even small ones of them <3 (this is incest and really heavy on rape just to warn you)
Monster by burlesque graffiti. I know it's not really lovehate exactly but the two are at odds for a large portion of what's written so... kinda? Been awhile since I've dug into this story. I'm still sad it's not been updated in so long.
no subject
Date: 2015-12-29 01:01 am (UTC)cdeacon/ One for the Good Guys (http://deaconfic.livejournal.com/2753.html)
Author's summary: Jared is an up-and-coming pitcher with a checkered past. If he wants to play in the big leagues again, he'll have to figure out how to work with Jensen, a has-been catcher with a serious attitude problem. (Loosely based on The Taming of the Shrew, with some Bull Durham thrown in.)
23,000 words
I adored the characterization in this one.
lazy_daze/ Topspin (http://amalthia.mediawood.net/ebooks/viewstory.php?sid=902)
Author's summary: Defending Wimbledon champion and world No. 1 tennis player Jensen Ackles is determined to hang on to his title, no matter how good Jared Padalecki, rising star on the tennis scene, thinks he is. With Padalecki's new reckless style, explosive power and natural grace pitted against Jensen's own beautifully strategic, strong and watertight game - all that's for sure is that this is going to be one Wimbledon final match not to be missed. With a media-painted rivalry turning into a mutual dislike that's almost as explosive as the badly-hidden attraction sparking in the air, there's more than a tennis ball flying between them.
50,000 words
Fabulous plot and building tension, and the tennis is as hot as the sex. :-)
no subject
Date: 2016-01-09 03:51 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2016-01-07 05:55 am (UTC)THe only love.hate stories I have read were finial fantasy 8 squall/siefer fics. Which were extrememly well wrtiiten, an long + had steamy sex scenes. But I don't know how hard it would be for you to get invested in such fiction.
1.DB2020 - Protecting the Lion
2. (sequel to protecting the lion) DB2020 - Strings Attached
3.Defining Love
By: DB2020
Basically seifer and squal grew up in an orphanage together, before moving into GARDEN and becomming SEEDS, which are basically like soldiers. The hate between them stems from the fact they are the best fighters and very competitive. And siefer is basically like an ass. I think squall is 18 and siefer 20.
no subject
Date: 2016-01-09 03:47 pm (UTC)And you're welcome! I absolutely love Ben and Jamie. I just wish there was more scenes of them.
no subject
Date: 2016-04-21 07:03 pm (UTC)Ocotillo's Esperanza (http://ocotillo-dawn.livejournal.com/8252.html) had some love/hate goin' on. It's complete and was a pretty great read, I would recommend.
Info from the author:
New Story: Esperanza scifi (dystopic near future spec fiction) m/m romance. Total word count, ~100k.
Summary: Nearly a century after an engineered virus wipes out most of Earth's population, Tesla is a drifter, moving from town to town, staying alive as best he knows how, and leaving when residents begin to suspect his secret. He's heard stories of the heathen traders, of their societies and their sinful ways, and when two arrive at his latest village, he decides to follow them. He expected many things, but not that they'd make him prisoner for his genes. M/m romance.