[identity profile] deedlit50.livejournal.com posting in [community profile] theslashpile
Request: I just finished the entire Foxhole Court series- which was brilliant- but now I need something good to read as a follow up. I'm looking for something similar to Foxhole in its content and levels of awesome. Sports and/or crime focused with dark themes, overcoming physiological or physical abuse, morally ambiguous main characters, sociopathic characters a plus. Slow burns are also a favorite of mine. Thanks in advance.

Date: 2016-02-15 06:37 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sophie84.livejournal.com
I just finished the Foxhole court. Thank you. That was exceedingly addictive.

Last weekend, I finished the Captive Prince trilogy (http://www.amazon.com/Captive-Prince-Book-One-Trilogy/dp/0425274268/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1455560861&sr=1-1&keywords=captive+prince)(I've been waiting for years for the third book to finally come out... It started out as an online serial, but a publisher acquired it and that halted the progress for a few years). Filled with deceit and double-crosses, though not as harsh as Foxhole court. Regardless, you might find it of interest.

Date: 2016-02-16 01:47 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] sophie84.livejournal.com
Partway through the first book, I sent a copy to my sister. Called her today to see how that was going. Her reply? "What have you done to me?!!" I told her that there was a reason I never got around to the sleeping part of Saturday night...

Date: 2016-03-09 02:37 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] anialove.livejournal.com
You might like Avery Cockburn's Glasgow Lads series. There are currently three novels,a novella, and a short story. They're centered around a football (soccer) team and deal with various social issues in Scotland like the class divide, the Catholic/Protestant divide, and sectarianism. Dark might be a bit of an exaggeration, but the first (for instance) deals with one of the hero's past in a hate group.

Straight Shooter by Heidi Belleau (part of a series, but you don't have to read the other books) is about a macho asshole hockey player who is actually suffering from internalized homophobia. He's also got a humiliation kink.

Date: 2016-04-08 07:48 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] evalangui.livejournal.com
Thanks for the rec! I started Straight Shooter and I´m totally hooked!

Date: 2016-03-24 05:17 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] pyewacket4.livejournal.com
I went searching for links to a few stories that came to mind, and found half of them here (special mention to Shadow of the Templar, perhaps my all-time favourite slash series):
http://theslashpile.tumblr.com/post/96533462213/original-slash-where-to-start

One more recent one, no longer a WIP, is the Fae Tales verse. If you like sociopathic characters, you should love it haha.
http://theslashpile.tumblr.com/post/126698007289/rec-fae-tales-verse

Oh, and a story I haven't seen recced much, but it's wonderful, is Return Ticket to Stockholm
http://original.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600104269
It's about a guy being taking hostage after witnessing a murder.

Most of these stories though, have the characters sleeping together early on. However, the romance aspects are well-done slow burns.
Edited Date: 2016-03-24 05:27 am (UTC)

Profile

theslashpile: (Default)
The Slash Pile

October 2018

S M T W T F S
 123 456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 16th, 2026 02:03 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios