Hello~ The fic I'm looking for has to be at least eight years old and was a horror story. From what I remember, this kid living in our world somehow finds himself in another world, where this grey, eyeless, humanoid creature tells the kid he's a/the missing king of that world. The world is divided into different kingdoms where each ruler is the king of some insect, like the Beetle King, who I believe was close to the kid and the grey creature. The kid travels with the grey creature, who is very aggressive and harsh but bound to serve the kid, trying to remember who he was and solve some problem that the insect world is having. The grey creature had a sewn stomach that could open up into a gaping mouth. It was all very grotesque but compelling.
This original story was in some kind of personal website, not like LiveJournal, FictionPress, or AO3. The whole website was dedicated to the story, all black and grey themed with insects, and there were different pages to it. One of them had drawings of the characters: The kid was short with dark skin and had odd-looking red dreadlocks; the creature was tall, grey, had empty eye sockets and claws, and I think he might have had wings, although I can't be sure. I think the story ended up being abandoned after at least thirty chapters.
Thanks~
This original story was in some kind of personal website, not like LiveJournal, FictionPress, or AO3. The whole website was dedicated to the story, all black and grey themed with insects, and there were different pages to it. One of them had drawings of the characters: The kid was short with dark skin and had odd-looking red dreadlocks; the creature was tall, grey, had empty eye sockets and claws, and I think he might have had wings, although I can't be sure. I think the story ended up being abandoned after at least thirty chapters.
Thanks~
no subject
Date: 2016-06-17 08:54 pm (UTC)Thanks so much! I'm glad it's been updated since I last read it.