[identity profile] affluentreader.livejournal.com posting in [community profile] theslashpile
Requesting: Because I am broken, I need a story with happy ending. Preferably in a slave verse, though not bdsm, not my cup of tea (most slave stories I saw have heavy bdsm theme). It's okay if it's just you know mild bdsm, but if the plot heavily relies on bdsm, I am going to have to pass. I am too fainthearted >.<





Would also like: Fantasy + medieval novels are welcomed as well.


And one more thing (please don't kill me TT), I want novels with unique character names, like Alexander, Arthur, Matthias, Hercule etc. It's just a pet peeve of mine but if the lead's name is like Johnny; Dave etc (just an example) my mind is going to conjure up your typical johnny that you sees in your class everyday. idk why, it turns me off (Sorry Johnny!).





Must not have: BDSM




Similar Stories: So far, I've read Captive Prince and The Student Prince. Would love to read more!




Thank you so much if you're reading this guys. Nice to meet you all!

Date: 2016-08-08 04:37 am (UTC)
pronker: saola medium shot (saolagift)
From: [personal profile] pronker
https://archiveofourown.org/admin_posts/1832

I don't know of a specific story, but the site Boys In Chains had good slave stories and is now on AO3. Good to meet you too! Happy hunting.

Date: 2016-08-08 02:54 pm (UTC)
pronker: saola medium shot (saolagift)
From: [personal profile] pronker
You're welcome. [livejournal.com profile] duskpeterson is a mover and shaker in that genre and perhaps she would have individual recs for you. :)

Date: 2016-08-08 07:00 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] blackmambaukr.livejournal.com
Hi,
Could you enlighten me, please? I know Captive Prince, but what's The Student Prince?

Date: 2016-08-08 12:03 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] azurecerulean.livejournal.com
https://archiveofourown.org/works/3350561

Warnings: purple prose, the protagonist's love interest has sex with multiple partners from different genders because of his job, the fic is a fanfic with AU setting that doesn't require readers to be familiar with the fandom.

Date: 2016-08-19 05:00 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] azurecerulean.livejournal.com
You're most welcome (and I had to look up for the term "purple prose" too last year, so we're kinda in the same boat LOL)

Date: 2016-08-16 11:19 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mari-di.livejournal.com
Hi!

I'm thinking some of The Key Game's stories might be your cup of tea. I'm talking *cough, cough* 'prehistoric', here, that is to say, stories that were written about 13 or 15 years ago, so you might find something 'new' if, unlike some *more cough* 'dinosaurs' like me, you weren't around here by the time The Key Game (http://fanlore.org/wiki/Key_Game) was hugely popular. By their very definition, these stories are slave fics (since Keys are slave boys), but they come in all flavours.

My personal recommendations would be: "The Quartz Key" (https://www.squidge.org/~lianne/original/QuartzKey.htm) and "The Willow Key" (http://archiveofourown.org/works/3707867/chapters/8206711). "The Taurus Key" (https://www.fictionpress.com/s/1011975/1/The-Taurus-Key) is also enjoyable.

You can find these stories, along with several others, over at AO3 (http://archiveofourown.org/tags/Key%20Game/works).

Happy reading! =)

Date: 2016-08-20 01:20 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mari-di.livejournal.com
Not at all! I hope you enjoy these stories--I'm sure 'The Quartz Key', in particular, will satisfy your cravings! ^_^

It's such a shame that old archives have faded into oblivion, as they hosted some really great stories. *sigh*

May I make another recommendation?

The author of "The Willow Key", Talya Firedancer, wrote some other stories based on the same universe, and I find them even more enjoyable than "The Willow Key". But (and this is my recommendation), if you like supernatural/post-apocalyptic stories, her series, "After the Rising", is a hidden gem that more people should read. You can find all her originals at the following site:

http://www.fyredancer.net/orig/
Edited Date: 2016-08-20 01:21 am (UTC)

Date: 2016-08-28 02:24 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] gixi-ninja.livejournal.com
My fic just got recced in a recent post but if you haven't seen it, Under the Dragon's Claw (http://archiveofourown.org/works/4882333/chapters/11193892) is slavefic in an ancient China setting. Vol 1 is complete and a happy for now ending, Vol 2 is currently a WIP. I have all intentions of a happily ever after though!

Date: 2016-10-08 10:42 am (UTC)
From: (Anonymous)
Have you tried maculate giraffe?

Date: 2016-11-18 02:15 am (UTC)
From: (Anonymous)
Hey! This fic here deals with slavery and royalty, it doesn't have BDSM.

http://original.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600108250

Profile

theslashpile: (Default)
The Slash Pile

October 2018

S M T W T F S
 123 456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 16th, 2026 02:02 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios